Wednesday, September 30, 2009

37 Weeks!!

I haven't been very good about posting much. I had many things this summer that I intended to post about, but it just never happened! Here's an update on a few things going on lately:

I never got a really good shot of our garden when it was going crazy. We topped off the out of control tomatoes so they would focus on turning red instead of growing more, we pulled out all of the lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, potatoes, and onions. I will make sure to take pictures of what is left, as well as our big box of potatoes and our nice stash of onions and put them up. It was a fun year of experimenting, and we have a pretty good idea of what we will and will not plant next year.

I started training a new girl at work yesterday. I am going part time when the baby is born, and she will be working part time as well. I am giving her all of the Coupon Manager part of my job, and I couldn't be happier! I really don't enjoy it that much, and it will be nice to give it all away and not have to worry about it anymore. (We were originally going to both be doing parts of it, but I think it will be much better/easier for her to do it all, and me to have the other responsibilities that I already have... financials, accounting, conference, etc.)

Dave just got a new calling. He is the Executive Secretary, and is trying to get used to the increase of time required. It is much more than preparing Primary lessons for 4 and 5 year olds! I think he will really enjoy it, and our Bishopric is great. He really does miss Primary though, he loved that calling!! He's just so dang good with kids!

Ok, the baby... The room is painted, thanks so much to a good neighbor and new friend! Mike was great, and taught Dave some good tips too. (I think he is much more excited about tackling some of the other projects we want to do around the house eventually!) We are going to try and get the wainscoting up this weekend, and then we can move everything in. We have washed and folded everything, and I think we have pretty much everything we need now, we just need the room to get finished up in order to put it all in place!

Yesterday was our 37 week appointment. My blood pressure is good, I lost a pound (thanks to the kidney stones last week and being unable to eat anything), the Steedling's heartbeat was 142, and we did the Group B Strep test. (We will get the results next week on that one.) I am dialated to a 1 1/2, and 50% effaced. And the best news... the baby's head is DOWN! Yea!! I think hearing that was a huge relief for both Dave and me! Other than that, things look good! Now we finish getting the house ready, and wait! We are so excited to be parents!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you to be parents too! :) I'm so excited to meet the steedling so soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for you to be parents too. Glad you are feeling better, so sorry you had to suffer through those dang kidney stones again. Glad the babys room is coming together. WOE only a few short weeks almost counting days and it is Mommy and Daddy Steed. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I can't believe you are 37 weeks already. Before you know it you will be a mom! I have a baby gift for you and would love to give it to you before the baby comes but maybe I will wait until after the baby. Then it gives me a good excuse to stop by and meet him. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps... i love that it says tanner david now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant believe that you only have a few weeks left...maybe! He is going to be one lucky little boy to have such an AMAZING mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete