Friday, June 5, 2009

Playing With The Baby!

Last week at our ultrasound, we obviously found out we are having a little boy! The shot took a long time to get because he kept wiggling, but once the tech got a good angle, it was pretty dang clear that the Steedling is a he!! She was able to find all of his organs and everything she was looking for. She said everything appears to be normal, he has the correct amounts of things (2 arms, legs, kidneys), and they are all in the correct places!

I can't believe he is halfway cooked!! Luckily, things have gone by really quickly! I just hope I don't jinx myself and slow down the clock or run out of time to get everything done! October does seem like it's still a long time away though!

I pulled out a project that I started as a Laurel project a long time ago and never finished. It is a baby quilt that is perfect size for a crib. It is a Noah's Ark pattern and so dang cute. We decided to use that for the Steedling's bedroom! I am working on finishing it, and we are trying to find some fabric that matches one of the many patterns on the quilt to make bumpers, a crib skirt, and maybe even curtains if we find enough fabric!! I found several different fitted crib sheets online and ordered a few. They all are animal prints on cream fabric, so we are going to see which one matches the quilt best, and take the rest back. I have gotten so excited about stuff like this lately. Actually it's kind of ridiculous...I can't think about anything else!!

Last night I was not feeling very well and was lazily laying on the floor while Dave was making dinner. I had my hand on my tummy and all of the sudden I felt the baby kick! (I have been feeling the movements inside for a couple of weeks, but this was the first time I was able to feel him on the outside!) I called Dave over and told him to put his hand there. We sat for a little bit, but he didn't kick again and Dave went back to what he was doing.

After he was done, he came back and I put his hand over where the Steedling had been moving. It took a little bit, but then he felt it!! Dave was soooo excited to be able to finally feel his baby move!! Later when we went upstairs to bed, I laid on my back for a little bit and Dave was able to feel him moving again. What a fun night!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your brain is right where mine is! Tomorrow is my big week for getting baby's room ready. YIKES! Lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean next week, not tomorrow. See my brain is too focused on baby's room to know what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo exciting! You guys are cute and we are excited for the Steedling to come and to get to know him too! And beleive it or not October really isn't that far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's the best feeling! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last month is the worst as far as time slowing down. It is so exciting and fun to feel them move! Enjoy it! I love having her here, but I miss feeling her inside of me! Eat some pineapple or eat some orange juice and the baby will move alot, it is a good way to get him to move for dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOOHHH!!!!! How exciting!! I wish i could feel mutant jr. move! That is so fun! i cant wait to meet the little steedling.

    ReplyDelete