Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me...Grr!

So yesterday was my birthday. I knew going into the day it wouldn't be the best birthday ever... I had to work during the day and Dave had to work at night, but I was going to go in a little late that way I could sleep in and have breakfast with Dave. We slept in a little bit, but I woke up in pain. It started on my lower left side (in the front). I got up, took some tylenol, took a shower, got ready, and cried some. It moved mostly to my back, and at that point I was pretty sure it was my kidney. I had Dave call our home teacher who works from home. They gave me a blessing, I ate something, and left for work.

By the time I made it to the elementary school (like 1 block away), I was in tears. I kept going because Kathy was at work by herself without me. I barely made it to Smith's in Saratoga and had to stop to stand up. I called Dave and told him I couldn't go any further. He called the doctor and I called work. I got back in the car and cried my way home. I went inside and fell into Dave's arms sobbing. We left for the doctor not long after that.

We stopped at the new instacare in Saratoga Springs because I had to stand up again. I was almost the very first patient since they just opened yesterday at 11:00 am. (We were there at 10:30). Luckily, they were honest with me and said since I am pregnant, they would probably end up sending me to the hospital anyway. Since I was starting to feel more pain in the front of my body and was starting to get really worried there might be a problem with the baby, I decided I'd rather just go to the hospital and not pay for both. So we got back in and kept driving. Once on Lehi main, I asked if we could stop again before the freeway and Dave pulled into Kohler's. Luckily it rained hard yesterday, because I got out of the car and lost my breakfast in the parking lot. Hopefully it all got washed away. I felt so bad!

We finally made it to the hospital and the ER sent me straight up to Labor and Delivery triage. They took me right in and hooked me up to fetal monitors. We had a non-stress test done and everything with the baby was just fine, so they called the doctor and he said it was ok to send us back down to the ER. In the ER, we didn't have to wait too long, but we had to answer all of the same questions three more times for different people! Eventually, I got an iv with fluids, nausea medicine, and a pain killer. I took a little nap and they confirmed it was kidney stones. I got a prescription for pain meds and we went home. I rested the rest of the evening and slept in a little this morning. I passed a TINY little stone last night and never ended up taking a pain pill. Today I am just sore, but not in serious pain like yesterday!!

Anyway, I asked Dave last night if I could have a Birthday re-do. He said yes as long as he could take me to dinner somewhere. So maybe this weekend, I will have another (pain free) birthday!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Natalie! That must have been so horrible, poor thing. I'm glad you are feeling better and that you get a birthday re-do. I hope that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry! That is so annoying! It is interesting to me that both of us were pregnant on our birthdays this year and both of us were super sick and in pain! No fun! I am sorry, But Happy Birthday and I am glad that the baby is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fun birthday at all. I am glad everything is ok with you and the baby...minus the enormous pain you were in. I hope you continue to feel better

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you had to go through that once again! Hopefully that will be all now that you passed it. Love you kiddo! As far as the redo is concerned we are all over it on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Happy Birthday my friend! I'm sorry it was so awful. However, if it makes you feel better, I hear that passing a kidney is worse than natural childbirth. Sounds like you got a preview of the fun to come in another 19 weeks. Yeah!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Savanna~ I have heard that about kidney stones and birth as well. Since I have had kidney stones twice now, I will let you know in October if there is any truth to that at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a bummer of a birthday. I hope that little bugger was the only one and that you don't have to do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that you had such a bummer of a birthday, so glad that you and baby are both OK and that you did get a birthday redo with your family last night. Thank you for coming to the barbeque Thursday, was so glad to see you both. Love you and hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so.. this comment is completely random. but i feel it is safe to confide here. HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i love you. and goodnight haha

    ReplyDelete