Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Any Day Now!

Yesterday was our last pre-natal appointment. According to the Doctor, my due date is today... yep I am 40 weeks today! I am not getting too worked up about the fact that I am still pregnant. Here's why. The doctor goes strictly by a calendar, based on a 28 day cycle. Since we had been trying to get pregnant for quite a long time, we were tracking everything. My cycle was a few days longer than a "normal" 28 days, and so when we found out we were pregnant and did the math, it put our due date as October 25th, which will be on Sunday. We have had that day in the back of our minds the whole time, and that's the date I am going to go off of. In fact, I just changed the ticker on the side of the blog to reflect the 25th instead of today. If that date comes and goes, I might be in a different state of mind! So we will keep you posted!

As for the appointment yesterday, it went really well. I am now a good 3+ cm dilated and 75 - 80% effaced. She was impressed with the change over the last week and said with that much of a change, I should have this baby any day. I am ok with that! We talked a little about how far she would let me go over. She doesn't like to let her patients go over 1 week past their due date. She doesn't think I will make it that far, but if I do, she said we will schedule something probably for next Tuesday, or even Monday if we want. But I will definitely have a little boy to dress up for Halloween.

Other than that, we just wait! Dave finished painting the baby's room last night and it looks amazing!! I am so excited to move his stuff in! I am totally caught up and even ahead of things at work and at home (bills, etc.) and we are ready for him to come! We can't wait to meet this little miracle boy! When things happen, we will let you all know!! Thanks for all of the love, support, and encouraging words!! You are all the best friends and family ever! We love you!

7 comments:

  1. I hate the waiting game! I am so excited to see him and to find out how little he is! I'm pretty sure I've got you beat Haha. I hope for you that I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhahaha cyd.. you BETTER have her beat :) I am soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you. It sounds like you could have him any second. How nice to already be 3 cm. I've never done that. I hope everything goes well for you. He will be here before you know it. Enjoy these last few moments just you and your husband because it will never be just the two of you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you. It's hard work, but so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So where's belly picture? I'm glad you got the room done I need to bring dad and show him how cute everything is. The nesting skills have really kicked in haven't they, that's awesome that you are so prepared. Can't wait to see him and hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The waiting game..... Looking forward to seeing this little Tanner David Steed, glad things are going well, that you got the babys room ready - good for you Dave, actually good for both of you that all is ready for him to come to a wonderful loving home. Excited to hear, take care love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tanner.... come meet me please :)

    ReplyDelete