Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Spencer's Day

So for St. Patrick's Day I made Dave a green lunch. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it all on the same plate, but it was fun anyway. He had Broccoli Salad......A Green Chicken Salad Sandwich (I put green food coloring in the mayonnaise before I stirred it in but you can't see it very well)......and Green Jello... The guys (and some girls) at work think I am the coolest wife for sending fun stuff with him on holidays (I did a bunch of stuff for Valentines too - like little heart shaped PB&J sandwiches and other stuff I forgot to take pictures of too.) I guess I have to keep doing it so as not to dissappoint!
I also have started to dabble in cookie decorating. Jessica has made the cake decorating contest impossible, so I decided to do my own thing. After searching for a shamrock cookie cutter at 8 different stores, unsuccessfully, I resorted to using a small heart cookie cutter, pressing the points together in the center, and cutting little peices for the stems with a knife. I decorated them with a royal icing (thanks for the tips Lindsay!!)We made a few to share with neighbors as well!Jokingly, Dave said I should use the big heart cookie cutter and make him a giant shamrock. So I did. You can't really tell how big they are in this picture......but next to Tanner's little cookie you can! They were HUGE!!

It was definately a super fun project that I will for sure play with again. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment